Job: Narrative Producer
The narrative producer will be asked to come up with the overall narrative design for both new and existing IPs. This includes creating storylines, characters, and game design documents featuring details about the universe that these games will inhabit. They will be further tasked to expand the community of our current games and seek to find new communities for future products. They will join the existing creative team, working closely with other game designers and narrative producers, as well as the creative director. The narrative producer’s daily tasks range from content creation (storylines, characters, lore, etc.) to researching real-world facts and news stories surrounding this content, to community management and planning. The creative team will meet at least bi-weekly with the rest of the company to discuss production, budgeting and marketing.
- Participate actively in every step of the game development process as it pertains to narrative design and integrating the game design within the narrative framework.
- Research real-world subjects to understand subject for use in game.
- Create game design documents and express your vision through visual references.
- Create a production timeline and set clear milestones for completion.
- Design sophisticated storylines with narrative beats to include complex puzzles.
- Write narrative summaries, lore documents and scripts.
- Create promotional material for release to the public, our community, and journalists.
- Work to grow the community for Alice & Smith’s IPs and manage the community we have already fostered.
- No less than 3 years experience in the Narrative Design or Transmedia projects.
- Strong portfolio with at least two shipped games and clear writing examples.
- Commitment to flexible work week schedule (including nights and weekends depending on project).
- Good references from past employers.
- Bilingual (French and English).
An ideal candidate will:
- Be ready to work closely with current company IPs but also seek to create new games.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well unsupervised, but also be ready to work closely with other members of the team.
- Respect the commitment of all others in the team and be ready to go the extra mile for the good of the group.
- Demonstrate clear ability to meet multiple projects deadlines at once.
- Show a strong passion for their work.
- Have a clear understanding of every aspect of game development, from pre-production to post launch community management.
- Possess strong organization, planning and time management skills.
- Have experience in Alternate Reality Games and Transmedia storytelling.
- Work with a small, tight knit and committed team.
- Contribute to unique Alternate Reality Game events unlike any other kind of game.
- Have your voice clearly expressed in the final content.
- Highly engaged and positive community.
Please send your cover letter, cv and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.